[TriLUG] LT: flashback

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Thu Jun 27 11:55:23 EDT 2013

I have been working on a new backup tool that I call "flashback".
It started as a python-based wrapper around the old rsback scripts,
but it has grown into a flexible stand-alone backup daemon.  It's
small and fast, appropriate for running on a Raspberry Pi or other
small device, and it uses rsync to make very fast hardlinked
backups of other machines in the home or office.  At home, I have
replaced BackupPC with flashback, and it's MUCH faster.  I am
hoping to eventually publish it into the Debian repositories, if
I can figure out how to do so.

Time required: 5 minutes.

--
# Alan Porter