[TriLUG] OT: Getting Bulky Connectors Through Walls

Keith Johnson kjohnson at northcarolina.edu
Wed Aug 7 16:12:42 EDT 2013

Radio Shack used to sell a wall penetration tube designed just for this purpose but I don't see it in their catalog anymore. The last time I did this I made one from some Lasco pvc flanges and a pvc tube that was threaded on one end. Drilled the hole, solvent welded the tube to one flange,  inserted the tube through the wall and screwed the other flange on. The water seal on the outside was a simple rubber gasket slipped on behind the flange and a little caulk in the tube. Took 15 minutes to drill and install -- the hard part can be finding the flanges. I think I got them from either Grainger or MSC but you could try a pool supply store.

kj