[TriLUG] OT: Logitech Harmony Remotes

Chris Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Mon Sep 9 14:04:51 EDT 2013

I have this one:
  http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004OVECU0
so I can't comment specifically on that model.

I agree that the windows program to configure it is not ideal.  However, it
is better than the alternatives that I've used (I have not used many).  The
bonus is that if I need to replace it or it looses the programming, I can
simply plug it in and re-send the configuration that I've already built.
It works well with all my devices.  You _do_ have to be patient during the
power-up process...but the screen tells you to wait and notifies you when
it is done.

Overall, I'm happy with it and I'd buy it again. Most importantly, the wife
and kids can use it without my help :)

Chris

On 9/6/2013 5:15 PM, Keith Woodie wrote:
> Anyone use the Logitech Harmony remotes?  I am considering the following
> harmony remote.  I have Time Warner Cable, Sony Blu-Ray Player.  My new
> setup will put all boxes behind closed wood cabinet doors.
>
> Logitech Harmony Smart Control:
> http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-915-000194-Harmony-Control-Smartphone/dp/B00BQ5RYI4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378502013&sr=8-1&keywords=Logitech+Harmony+smart+control
>

> I trust fellow trilug folks more than reviews on Amazon. :)  Thanks!
>
> Keith Woodie

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Web Performance: Website Load Testing Software & Services