[TriLUG] Off-topic: Part-time Remote Systems Administrator

Mike Seda mike at sedasystems.net
Tue Sep 17 15:18:38 EDT 2013

Hi All,
We are currently looking for a Systems Administrator to assist with
moving an environment from colo to cloud (AWS).

This individual should have experience deploying high-security
environments in AWS.

We prefer an individual with a storage background and experience deploying:
- FOSS (preferred) or commercial solutions for encryption of data at-rest

Familiarity with the following would be beneficial, as well:
- Foreman
- Puppet
- Amanda/Zmanda
- Oracle DB

Development experience in Java (preferred) or other OOP language is a
plus - since slight modifications to the application may be required to
be compatible with the new security-hardened AWS environment.

The engagement is 100% remote and on a subcontract basis.

We estimate that part-time (approximately 20 hours per week) will be
sufficient for our needs. However, there may be times when bursting up
to 40 hours per week would be an option.

We are looking for someone to start at their earliest convenience.

Please contact me offline with any questions.

Mike