[TriLUG] MichaelC introduction

Michael Coburn michael at gravis.ca
Wed Oct 23 23:12:18 EDT 2013

Salut Francois!

Not sure how I ended up with the domain -- I went to school in Toronto
(Ryerson University) for some business program but kept getting drawn into
the room with the flashing monitors and got sucked into MUDs (Last Outpost
- www.last-outpost.com) through the AIX terminals.. tintin++ was my first
exposure to scripting and I never looked back after that.  Gravis was my
main character name, on a whim I bought the domain and it just stuck with
me.  Now I'm grandfathered into hosting with Gmail on gravis.ca (for free)
so I have a hard time justifying switching to anything else..

I used to own a Gravis controller.  That's cool, right? I just wish I had a
more rad story to tell you all about the domain :(

michael