[TriLUG] Powerline Ethernet

David Burton ncdave4life at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 23:47:33 EDT 2013

I've not used that particular adapter, but, in general, powerline adapters
work best if they're plugged into circuits on the *same* side of the
breaker box.

Drag an extension cord through your house so that you can measure the
"hot-side to hot-side" voltage between the two outlets that you plan to use.

If you measure over 200 volts, then you need to pick a different outlet for
one end or the other.

If you measure only a few volts, it'll probably work okay.

If you measure 110 to 130 volts, then you're doing it wrong, or else one of
your outlets has hot and neutral swapped!