[TriLUG] U-Verse for us

Brian lugmail at cheetah.dynip.com
Fri Nov 1 16:46:58 EDT 2013

On 11/1/2013 4:28 PM, James Jones wrote:
<snip> ... static IP. Mine has not changed
> since I started with Uverse ( went and checked, I have been with Uverse
> since april ).  Even with power failures,etc.

Dynamically-allocated IPs may not change frequently, but they're still
dynamic and may change at any moment.  I've had dynamic IPs not change
for a year or more of various forms of outages, and then change three or
four times in as many months.  What you're paying for is a guarantee
that it will never change.

~B