[TriLUG] U-Verse for us

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Fri Nov 1 16:48:10 EDT 2013

On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 4:41 PM, Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack at wm7d.net> wrote:
> so you get a static IP whether you want it or not? But if you want it, you
> have to pay more.

Well you probably get a little more with a "Static IP" service, like
reverse dns, and proper notification of an impending address change so
you can update your DNS records.

With that in mind, I am looking for dynamic dns "server" program that
I/we could run on the trilug server.  Ideally I would like something
compatible with the dyndns tools found on consumer routers.  Worst
case, I will reverse engineer and write it myself.

Bill