[TriLUG] U-Verse for us

Seva Adari oddissyus at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 13:49:09 EST 2013

I have extremely bad experience with U-verse's static IP setup. It has
been a year
since I had the service installed at my home and they could not have
it setup for me
for a year now! Literally every other month I would have multi-hour
session with their
tech support folks and go no where. As a matter of fact their support
guy was at my
home this past Friday again and nothing much happened.

All this didn't stop their billing department from continuing to bill
me for static IPs
that were never setup!

I feel like they have no clue and really lost the edge in technology.
It is an ordeal
every time I call and go over this issue with them, I had to go over
the same stuff
over and over again. I have resigned to the fact that they are either
incapable or
clue less and planning to disconnecting the service.