[TriLUG] Disconnecting connected accounts

James Jones jc.jones at tuftux.com
Mon Nov 4 09:22:40 EST 2013

Okay to start with, I am a senior citizen -- and with that said, hopefully
you will not think of this as me being "a cranky old man"..

Lately, I noticed some additions to my contact list in a google hosted
email account ( tuftux.com ). I personally get "cranky" when thing are
changed by an external source. I finally discovered that the changes
probably are due to a very obscure checked box deep in my account settings.

The line says -- "“Use my Google contact information to suggest accounts
from other sites.”

>From what I have found on the internet, this was automatically checked
during original setup. I certainly don't remember it. Unfortunately, It is
not simple to uncheck it and continue with a better feel for my email. When
you uncheck the line, you get, “There was a problem saving your
information. Please try again.” trying again doesn't help. Seems as though
a lot of individuals on the internet have had the same results.

All the things I have found on the internet to try -- do not work for me.

Any ideas??

--
Jc Jones
Blogs -