[TriLUG] Help with proxy setup

Ron Kelley rkelleyrtp at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 07:03:10 EST 2013

Greetings everyone,

I am working on a project and need some guidance with proxy servers.  We are deploying multiple wordpress sites behind our public firewall, and I need to configure some sort of proxy system that will forward the request to the appropriate back-end server.  All our site names are pinned to one public address, and I have a NAT rule forwarding the url to an internal proxy server.  However, I can’t seem to get a good proxy tool to work properly (using transparent reverse proxy).

Does anyone have a clean-cut method to achieve the above?  I have been trying to use nginx, but so far, my results are less than stellar.

Thanks for any help!

-Ron