[TriLUG] need a referral: networking expert

John Vaughters jvaughters04 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 5 17:21:58 EST 2013

On Thursday, December 5, 2013 5:18 PM, John Vaughters <jvaughters04 at yahoo.com> wrote:

I use dd-wrt on netgear and linksys N routers. I have no problem with 15-20 concurrent connections. I cannot speak for the default firmware. It's been a about 4 years since I used the default firmware and did not have as many connections back then. BTW - The routers I buy are refurbished for about $25. You can find them on Amazon or Tiger. I have successfully bridged them across netgear and linksys and I also use them to link via wan vpn to Family members across the internet.

It is a very cheap secure reliable way to use wifi. Allows you to do very secure temporary connections on the fly using dynamic firewall entries via ssh to the IP that you are at, or using vpn.

I cannot imagine life without a linux wifi device anymore.

John Vaughters