[TriLUG] best home router for voip prioritization

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Fri Dec 27 11:57:00 EST 2013

On Fri, 27 Dec 2013, Bill Farrow wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 11:39 AM, Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack at wm7d.net> wrote:
>> the one I did about 2yrs ago with you, to find in the docs that for the 1.11
>> hardware that the wan port is disabled. Apparently TP put in their firmware
>
>> I take it that there's no problems? Do you know the v1.11 wan port story?
>
> Joe,
> I read through the docs as well and got thoroughly confused as well.

:-(

Hi Bill,

I don't know whether to be glad someone else had the same problem or not. I
guess I can say I'm relieved at least.

I've had the box for about a month now and haven't been willing to start the
install until I have enough time and psychological stamina to complete it no
matter what problems I run into. I have enough deranged hardware sitting around
that I don't need another piece.

> On the v1.11 hardware I installed the latest Gargoyle firmware which
> is built on top of Attitude Adjustment 12.09. The WAN port worked fine
> without any fiddling, so I would say that this "bug/feature" has been
> addressed in the OpenWRT kernel. Take the plunge !

I'm off to plunge.

Thanks Joe