[TriLUG] best home router for voip prioritization

Dewey Hylton plug at hyltown.com
Fri Dec 27 14:27:17 EST 2013

this interests me. the current setup includes a buffalo router running dd-wrt. i haven't touched *wrt since that particular installation, and it's been there for quite a long time.

when i mentioned not wanting to deal with a linux firewall, i was specifically talking about iptables. i know it works, just don't want to deal with it myself - *wrt hides all that and i don't mind using it at all.

i just checked intrex, and they sell the tplink you are using, though i won't know what version/firmware it includes unless i unbox and hook it up. i may spring for that today. i just have to look up this 'gargoyle' firmware you mentioned and read about it.

thanks for this, and to all for the other responses as well. i was right when i figured this list would be full of folks who had the experience that mattered. :)