[TriLUG] VirtualBox Problems

Ken MacKenzie ken at mack-z.com
Fri Feb 21 09:17:05 EST 2014

Virtualbox's ease of install and setup as well as its ability to make
instances portable is why I generally opt for it as well.  However VMware
does offer performance level advantages need to be considered.  The biggest
difference between the two is VMWare is Hypervisor level 1 and VBox is
level 2.  In certain applications the bare metal virtualization will be
preferred and offer a performance advantage.  In my case that advantage
does not out weigh the perks of VBox at this point.

Ken