[TriLUG] TWC "Existing Customer Promotion"

John Vaughters jvaughters04 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 13 14:19:18 EDT 2014

> Examples of Utilites:

> Electricity:  Is it feasible to have 2-3 companies run power lines to your house? Nope!
> Cable: Is it feasible to have 2-3 companies run cable lines to your house? Nope!
> DSL: Is it feasible to have 2-3 companies run telco lines to your house? Nope!
> FiOS: Is it feasible to have 2-3 companies run fiber to your house? Nope!

That is a contradiction in statements. The phone company ran a line to your house and so did cable. It is entirely feasible for others to run fiber to your house as well. Time Warner did it to compete with DSL and the phone company could have run fiber too, but chose to stick with DSL. So even without considering wireless, which is VERY significant, we have two competitors.

On top if that, the rates show competition. You get more for your money than you used to and who on this list hasn't pitted DSL against cable to get better deals. I know I have. Wireless brings in the 3rd Vendor and it gets crazy from there on options.

Sorry folks NOT a Utility, Not even close.

John Vaughters