[TriLUG] Hit me with your best shot

Joseph S. Tate dragonstrider at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 16:58:47 EDT 2014

How's the touchpad support under crouton? Webcam?

File support: m4v (vs. the mp4 envelope). How about MKV? ogg? flac?
Ogg-theora?

Skype is one app already mentioned.
How about Firefox? Google's remote desktop client? Dropbox client?

What about external monitors? What kind of connection and resolution does
it support?

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 4:04 PM, Ken MacKenzie <ken at mack-z.com> wrote:

> Well every site/server out there is recording your OS, Browser version, and
> IP address.  I imagine google, especially if you use have an account using
> google services is capturing even more.  Uninformed reaosnable guess.  NO
> matter the OS, google services are tracking something about you.  So the in
> the case of chromebook vs others.  Well there is not much point to using
> chromeos if you are abstaining from google services.  That being said you
> could whipe it for Linux only.  So there the advantage is ssd drive, great
> battery life and not dealing with UEFI in a modern machine for less than
> most windows choices.
>
> Ken
>

> On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 3:54 PM, Sean Alexandre <sean at alexan.org> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 03:38:34PM -0400, Ken MacKenzie wrote:
> > > Well let me ask what you mean by not spied before I go any deeper.
> >
> > I'll qualify that, to keep this about Google: "Let me ask what you mean
> by
> > not
> > being spied on by Google before I go any deeper?"
> >
> > Note: All definitions of words here are all based on an actual dictionary
> > versus NSA definitions; e.g. to collect means to collect, etc.
> >
> > I don't want Google collecting anything about me or the devices I use
> > unless
> > they explicitly ask me for it and I explicitly give it to them.
> >
> > --
> > This message was sent to: Ken M. <ken at mack-z.com>

> This message was sent to: Joseph Tate <dragonstrider at gmail.com>

Joseph Tate