[TriLUG] Upper case AD accounts

Kristopher Kane kristopher.kane at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 20:12:44 EDT 2014

All,

I have some RHEL 6 systems that use Centrify in the /etc/pam.d/system-auth
file and connect to AD for accounts.

The AD accounts are in upper case, however, during login, the username is
pushed to lowercase.

I have some services that use the Kerberos principal (upper case of the
username) and the mismatch between the local login account and this
principal is causing the processes to fail.

I've searched and found pam_regex.so to alter the username in flight but
this module isn't in RHEL 6 or perhaps might not exist any longer.

Does anyone know of a why to receive the actual username case from AD and
use it during the login?  Or another mechanism?

Thanks,
Kris