[TriLUG] Vbox guest OS choices

Ron Kelley rkelleyrtp at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 10:46:28 EDT 2014

Do you know if the same performance issues apply when using the “hackintosh” installation DVD?

On Jul 10, 2014, at 10:37 AM, Brian <lugmail at cheetah.dynip.com> wrote:

I've tried this too, as I wanted to get into iOS development without the major capital investment for a Mac.  I've tried VirtualBox and bare-metal installations, both on a ThinkPad T60p.  I can vouch for Ken's report that performance within a VM is abysmal to the point of being nearly unusable.  Bare metal, the performance is quite decent, but I was never able to get the App Store to authenticate.

~B

--
This message was sent to: Ron Kelley <rkelleyrtp at gmail.com>