[TriLUG] Vbox guest OS choices

Ken MacKenzie ken at mack-z.com
Thu Jul 10 12:58:44 EDT 2014

I am 100% with you on that.  Well most of it.  First of all it comes down
to needs of a household that as much as I try I can't get completely over
to FOSS solutions.  But I am close.

However there are a couple of complications to it.  The  itunes for ipad
sync is not as much about music but certain software for music production
that I have been using.  Most of those can't fully replicate out the work
files without itunes sync.  However as I moved to a chromebook with a
chroot debian install I pretty much don't use the ipad for that anymore.
 Seriously its main purpose in the house is Clash of Clans.  Hey I am
addicted.  Part of me though gets hesitant to finally sell it in favor of a
nexus 7 because I have spent a good dime or two on pro level audio software
for it.  But it is what it is.  I don't use it but IOS audio is far ahead
of Android and I like keeping the option open to have these packages.

So in short I am also fighting my own hesitation to call that app store
money spent as money lost.

Ken