[TriLUG] Synology DiskStation or other NAS/media server hardware recommendations?

Derek Linz chapelhilllaptopshop at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 14:29:10 EDT 2014

I'd make love to Synology if I had the parts. I have a ds411j with 128gb of
ram and 4x2TB drives in raid5, thing does things with that ram that I never
thought its little arm5 CPU could imagine.

Plus their website tells you how to root them. I've gotten mine on a cisco
vpn, compiled testdisk (watch out, synology uses modified 64bit-capable EXT
partitions that can make data recovery :().

One time it even sheered through a penny. No joke.