[TriLUG] OFF-TOPIC - microwave radiation

David Burton ncdave4life at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 21:05:03 EDT 2014

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 8:19 PM, Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:

> I looked everywhere on the net, there is no sign of that oven I had. Funny
> thing, the interior of that stove was enameled metal and the over racks
> were standard metal-wire racks. There was a latch on the door that had to
> be closed in order to use the microwave. The best turkeys I've ever cooked
> were in it.  Maybe there was a radiation leak problem? They sure took them
> off the market toot sweet.

Is this it?
http://www.google.com/search?q=ge+"omni+5"+microwave+oven

You can't get those anymore. You could "follow" an eBay search for GE Omni
5 oven, and set up a FollowThatPage monitor of a CraigsList search for GE
Omni 5 oven, and you might eventually find one. Maybe.

However, they do make "convection microwave" ovens, which combine a
microwave magnetron with conventional heating elements and forced-air
circulation. It's probably the fastest cooking system on the planet, but
I've never used one:
http://www.walmart.com/tp/convection-microwave

Dave