[TriLUG] OFF-TOPIC - microwave radiation

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 15:45:26 EDT 2014

On 09/10/2014 09:05 PM, David Burton wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 8:19 PM, Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I looked everywhere on the net, there is no sign of that oven I had. Funny
>> thing, the interior of that stove was enameled metal and the over racks
>> were standard metal-wire racks. There was a latch on the door that had to
>> be closed in order to use the microwave. The best turkeys I've ever cooked
>> were in it.  Maybe there was a radiation leak problem? They sure took them
>> off the market toot sweet.
>>

> Is this it?
> http://www.google.com/search?q=ge+"omni+5"+microwave+oven
>
> You can't get those anymore. You could "follow" an eBay search for GE Omni
> 5 oven, and set up a FollowThatPage monitor of a CraigsList search for GE
> Omni 5 oven, and you might eventually find one. Maybe.
>
> However, they do make "convection microwave" ovens, which combine a
> microwave magnetron with conventional heating elements and forced-air
> circulation. It's probably the fastest cooking system on the planet, but
> I've never used one:

Sorry for the OT noise, but here it is:
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Kenmore-Parts/Range-Parts/Model-9119563591/0582/0124500/00067386/00004?blt=06&prst=&shdMod=

And yes, it had one of the early flat top elements that took forever to
boil water. The microwave would not start until you latched the oven
door closed. The best oven I have ever used, and I love to cook. If I
could have had a gas top and electric microbake it would have been
perfect. Ric

Linux user# 44256