[TriLUG] Nooelec experience

Scott Chilcote scottchilcote at ncrrbiz.com
Fri Sep 12 16:08:15 EDT 2014

On 09/12/2014 01:32 PM, Hariharan Gopalan wrote:
> Thanks Joe, unfortunately I paid using paypal, and paypal only allows 45
> days to open a dispute.

Hariharan:

I recommend taking your complaint to the public, in a BIG way!

Go to www.consumerist.com and submit a description of the problem that
you had with nooelec.  Try to be as fair and objective as possible, but
start putting descriptions of your problem out where people can see it.
Don't forget twitter and facebook if you use either of those services.
Most retail companies do not want public complaints about rip-offs
circulating on the internet.  But if it comes to that, they would much
rather see those complaints resolved just as publicly.

There may be other public forums (fora?) where you can post consumer
complaints, if you check around.  There's Angie's List, but that's a pay
service that I haven't tried.  Look for public forums that people who
might buy from Nooelec.  Some TV news stations have consumer advocates.
I haven't watched it in years, so I don't know if there's a local one or
not.

I recommend avoiding poisoning the well, so that they want to do the
right thing and deal fairly with you.
Once they realize that you are not going to quietly walk away, and will
probably lose sales by ignoring you - they might just come across with
your goods!

   Scott C.

--
Scott Chilcote