[TriLUG] Drive recovery services

Wes Garrison wes at xitechusa.com
Mon Oct 13 10:44:53 EDT 2014

I just had 3 simultaneous failures on my ZFS pool with raidz2. (2 failures
= OK, 3=bad.)

Can anyone recommend a good drive recovery service (that's less than $1000).

1 of the disk developed 60,000 bad sectors in a 4 week period since the
last time I checked it and it had 0.

However, the other 2 both had 0 bad sectors and then stopped being
accessible with no warning.

This makes me believe the data is still there on these 2 drives.

I think if I can get a sector-by-sector copy of one of them, I can resilver
(rebuild) my array.

What do you folks think?

-Wes

--