[TriLUG] OT: what is this cable?

Aaron Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Mon Oct 13 12:59:50 EDT 2014

There is a good and very memorable rhyme, which I was taught as a child.
It is helpful for those who might encounter coral and/or king snakes:
Red on Black, Friend of Jack
Red on Yellow, Kill a fellow

I do not mean to cast doubt on Steve's story, I only pass it along because
it's common to find king snakes in the Piedmont area of NC, and very
unusual to find coral snakes.  Regardless, it's helpful to remember the
rhyme, both to avoid unnecessary panic and/or unnecessary danger.  I seem
to recall Steve has more than a passing association with Florida, where
it's much more common to encounter coral snakes.  They are found in NC, but
mostly by the coast.

Aaron S. Joyner

Additional reading:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coral_snake