[TriLUG] [way OT] new auto recommendations (fwd)

Ken MacKenzie ken at mack-z.com
Fri Oct 17 13:21:20 EDT 2014

Echoing the Honda Fit comment, I know an owner that loves it.  Also VW TDI
models (Golf, Beetle, and Jetta).  It seems you like smaller imports.  I
will throw Hyundai in the mix.  I currently own a 2012 Elantra Touring and
it is awesome.  The touring is kind of a weird euro cross over model with
the old beta engine.  However new Hyundais have the Theta engine which is
more efficient fuel wise and is a timing chain engine which is better for
long term service intervals.  Hyundai is a much better company than they
used to be.  Kia I am a little skeptical of.

I will add I hear a lot of people like the mini cooper.  Also I like the
look of the Nissan Cube.  I can't explain it, it just reminds me of the VW
Thing from long ago.  Honda Element did the same thing for me.  I am a tall
guy but I am all for the hot hatches.

Oh another mention is the Mazda 3 is very popular.  But I personally think
that the Hyundai Elantra GT is a better value for the money.  Also the
Hyundai Veloseter in the turbo edition is pretty cool.

Oh and I hear the new Ford Fiesta is pretty nice.  When I bought the
elantra I compared the Focus and the Hyundai did it more for me for overall
space inside and feel.  But just to add one "domestic" why not.

Ken