[TriLUG] In a LUG a long time ago

John Broome jbroome at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 14:58:33 EST 2014

*former* SC perspective.

Now you're starting to wobble a bit.

Your original thesis was that your mail/web was important & that you didn't
trust yourself to manage it on a VPS somewhere, but a rotating group of
volunteers managing the infrastructure is somehow better.

But now based on "interest in playing with larger hardware and larger
systems" this mythical rack full of expensive hardware/storage has turned
into a lab environment for LUGgers to poke at?

My issue is that there are much better deals on VPS' out there for people
to experiment with instead of the LUG getting stuck with expensive hardware
and rackspace when the membership dwindles or finds another e-squirrel to
chase.