[TriLUG] Childproofing

Roy Vestal rvestal at trilug.org
Thu Nov 13 12:07:21 EST 2014

I have port 80,8080,443,8443 blocked for all IPs but my squid
webproxy/dansguardian server. I also use OpenDNS with the Moderate
settings and force it from the router. I also block google, yahoo, and
M$ dns servers at the router.

IMHO, it's my job to protect my kids AND my wife from the crap out
there. Yes, this causes management headaches due to whitelisting, but my
wife and I know what the kids are getting into and can counsel them.

YMMV,
-Roy