[TriLUG] [Job] Information Systems Administrator - Alamance Community College, Graham, NC

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Fri Nov 14 09:38:49 EST 2014

Hey TriLUG,
I have been asked to let our members know about this new job position
at Alamance Community College, Graham, NC

Information Systems Administrator
==========================
http://alamancecc.iapplicants.com/ViewJob-632665.html

October 20, 2014 - December 02, 2014=
Location:Graham, NC
Salary Range:Based on College's salary plan; commensurate with
education and experience. Range: $3,993 - $4,833/monthly
Exempt/Non-Exempt:Exempt
Benefits:Full-time comprehensive benefits package
Employment Type:Full Time
Department:Information Services

Duties:RESPONSIBILITIES:
The System Administrator provides day-to-day maintenance, planning,
and management of the College's administrative computing environment.
This includes UNIX servers, Windows servers and associated
server-based support applications. This position establishes and
maintains secure operating environments, monitors and maintains backup
integrity, documents procedures, monitors and adjusts system
performance for usage and efficiency, develops and maintains vendor
and service relationships, and keeps systems up-to-date with vendor
patches. This position must establish and maintain effective working
relationships with students, faculty, staff, external agencies and the
general public, including those from diverse backgrounds. Position
will be required to perform other duties as assigned.

Qualifications:Required:
Associate’s degree with course work emphasis in information systems,
computer programming and networking; supplemented by three (3) years
work related experience. Preferred: Bachelor's degree in related
field; four years of related work experience; experience with
UNIX/Linux/Windows systems administration; ERP systems such as
Ellucian Colleague, Blackbaud Raiser's/Financial Edge; databases such
as UniData and Microsoft SQL, and programming and debugging at least
three of the following languages: UNIX shell script, Windows batch or
Powershell, PHP, MySQL, PERL and/or Java.

About Alamance Community College
======================
We are a medium sized community college, with a faculty/staff fte
around 375, student fte around 4000. We are a heavy advocate for open
source in the datacenter/server world focusing on Ubuntu Linux and
FreeBSD, Win7 for labs, faculty/staff, Solaris for our ERP. The
position would involve working with both our network administrator and
ERP administrator to learn and assist in both areas. On the network
side we are Cisco based.

If folks have any questions, my contact information is on the bottom
of this email. Thanks again,

Winfield Henry
Director of Information Services, Alamance Community College
1247 Jimmie Kerr Road, Graham, NC 27253
(336) 506-4136, winfield.henry at alamancecc.edu