[TriLUG] OT: Device for Improving WiFi Reception?

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at austintek.com
Mon Dec 15 14:00:07 EST 2014

On Mon, 15 Dec 2014, Scott Chilcote wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I swung by Intrex on my lunch break and found a TP-Link indoor antenna
> with cable and base for cheap.

Hope it works. I would expect that a better solution is one that doesn't modify
the laptop and hence require an elderly person to keep track of bits and whether
they're plugged in correctly etc.

My approach would be to put a wap somewhere in her appartment, in a spot with
max signal, with as many antennas as are needed to connect as a client to the
present wifi system. Give it its own SSID and let her connect to that.

Joe

jmack (at) austintek (dot) com - azimuthal equidistant
map generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml