[TriLUG] OT: Device for Improving WiFi Reception?

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Mon Dec 15 14:42:33 EST 2014

Folks,
   Range extenders come with complications. Adding an effective antenna,
or at  most new wifi interface with an effective antenna is the right
choice. In an assisted living center you need something that is
absolutely transparent and trouble free with no implications with
respect to the folks running the assisted living center. If they have to
call corporate about your network equipment you're toast, completely
apart from the hassle every time their hot meal cart sits next to the
extender and hoses up its performance. For the cost of about 12 hours of
assisted living fees one can get a superb solution already described by
others.

-Pete