[TriLUG] TLDP

Peter Neilson neilson at windstream.net
Sun Jan 4 05:07:55 EST 2015

On Sun, 04 Jan 2015 04:28:37 -0500, Jason Evans <jsevans at youvegotthe.info>
wrote:

> Does anyone know if The Linux Documentation Project (tldp.org) is still
> an active project?  Most of the documentation there is years old and out
> of date.  I'd like to join an open source project. add get some more
> experience writing documentation. Anyone here work with or for them in
> the past? If they are not really active, do you have any suggestions on
> where I can go to volunteer?

Who uses it, and for what purpose?

Is the project write-only storage by default? In other words if nobody
uses it, then there is no point in fixing it.

I'd not even heard of it before, and as of now have spent less than a
minute examining the website.

There is a theory that for development purposes "RTFM" is a bad idea,
because TFM is always out of date, and RTFSC is the only rational
approach. Purists presumably read source code from which the comments have
been stripped. We won't discuss those who read a.out files.