[TriLUG] TWBC customer owned modems

David Both dboth at millennium-technology.com
Wed Jan 7 15:37:59 EST 2015

Bill, I don't think anyone led me astray any more than did Time Warner and
myself. No matter where I looked there is no mention of the requirement to use a
TWBC owned modem. The only clue is that when I re-Googled, the information about
supported modems is on the "Your Home" tab and not on the Business tab. Not
something I would readily notice.

So, that being said, I intend to stay with TWBC for now because I have
guaranteed service levels and the TWBC response to problems is much quicker and
more responsive than their residential service. If I cannot work this out with
my account manager, I will definitely want to sell my modem so if anyone else
out there is looking for one, I will sell it for my cost.

But thanks everyone, anyway. The information is still good and I, and perhaps we
all, have learned something.