[TriLUG] TWC raises modem rental - again

matt at noway2.thruhere.net matt at noway2.thruhere.net
Fri Jan 9 09:11:28 EST 2015

Saw this article this morning:
http://arstechnica.com/business/2015/01/guy-who-complained-to-fcc-about-comcast-modem-fees-gets-30-back/

The Boston man who first reported late last month that his Comcast bill
had suddenly increased due to an increase in cable modem rental fees, and
then complained to the Federal Communications Commission about it, now
tells Ars that he’s received a credit of $30 on his account as a direct
result of that complaint.

"I received a call from Comcast [corporate] offices this morning, and
they've reversed the price increase for the length of my contract," Eric
Studley e-mailed Ars on Thursday morning.

"It seems that the FCC complaint was the largest factor in that. I'm
guessing Comcast is paying close attention to complaints before the FCC
makes its decision on Net Neutrality/Internet as a public service."