[TriLUG] OT: local source for logic ICs?

Robert Dale robdale at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 14:28:05 EST 2015

On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 2:18 PM, <matt at noway2.thruhere.net> wrote:

> I don't know of any local places anymore.
>
> You could always order some from a place like Mouser or Digikey.  If you
> really need them that fast, you can get NDA shipping, though it will cost
> you.  Then again, it is Friday.
>
> You said Ratshack was a bust for HC04's.  How about some other device like
> a 555 timer or even a simple diode-capacitor oscillator such as this one:
> http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/electronics-projects-how-to-build-an-led-flasher-u.html

The TriLUG effect?

Error in page rendering
Error obtaining database connection Dummies2CDADS
org.jboss.util.NestedSQLException : No    ManagedConnections available
within configured blocking timeout ( 5000 [ms] ); - nested throwable:
(javax.resource.ResourceException: No ManagedConnections available
within configured blocking timeout ( 5000 [ms] ))

> I hate to say it, but hobby electronics has died.

Young people are 'lost generation' who can no longer fix gadgets,
warns professor

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/11298927/Young-people-are-lost-generation-who-can-no-longer-fix-gadgets-warns-professor.html

> > Anyone know where I can pickup some 74HC04s today or tomorrow?
> >
> > Radio Shack was, not surprisingly, a bust.  Not sure where else to
> > look.  I'm on a tight deadline...my son wants flashing lights on
> > his pinewood derby car and we need to finish it this weekend :(
> >
> > TIA!
> > Chris
> >
> > --
> > Chris Merrill                           |  Web Performance, Inc.
> > chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
> > 919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601
> >
> > Web Performance: Website Load Testing Software & Services

> This message was sent to: Robert Dale <robdale at gmail.com>

Robert Dale