[TriLUG] ***SPAM*** Re: Google Fiber

Brian Henning bhenning at pineinst.com
Wed Jan 28 10:22:21 EST 2015

It's too early in the process; such maps don't exist for RTP yet.  Keep track of current developments here:

http://googlefiberblog.blogspot.com/

In addition to lobbying the local legislatures, be sure to canvas your neighborhoods and get people excited if possible.  Google say they won't build out a last-mile area "fiberhood" unless there's a sufficient percentage commitment from the residents (both private and commercial) in that area.  More explanation about this:

http://googlefiberblog.blogspot.com/2013/11/just-for-austin-how-youll-be-able-to.html

It's about Austin, but I expect the same process will be used in RTP.

As a resident of one of the lesser-populated regions of Orange County, I remain only cautiously optimistic.

-B