[TriLUG] FOSS Fair Staff Traning, 2/03 at 7pm

Matthew Frazier matthew at leafstorm.org
Wed Jan 28 11:03:58 EST 2015

Hello, everyone!

First, I'd like to remind everyone that FOSS Fair registration is still
open, but that it closes on Friday at 12:00 PM if you want lunch or a
name badge. You can view more info and sign up at
http://go.ncsu.edu/fossfair2015.

In addition, we've set a date and time for staff training. FOSS Fair
staff are responsible for:

* Setting up A/V equipment for speakers
* Keeping sessions on time
* Tracking changes to the schedule
* Answering participants' questions
* Dealing with Code of Conduct violations or any other problems

If you want to serve as a staff member, you need to attend staff
training next Tuesday.

When: Tuesday, February 3, 2015, at 7:00 PM
Where: Engineering Building II room 1227

The training will cover:

* FOSS Fair scheduling procedures
* Code of Conduct and incident handling procedures
* Using the A/V equipment (with demos from a ClassTech staffer)
* Staff communication (via an SMS group)

If you just want to help with setup or cleanup, you don't need to attend
the training - just show up to the Fair on Saturday, February 7 (at 7:30
AM for setup, and at the normal time of 8:30 AM for everyone else).

Thanks,
Matthew Frazier
President, LUG @ NC State
http://lug.ncsu.edu/