[TriLUG] MySQL Replication

Ken M ken at mack-z.com
Thu Jan 29 15:14:43 EST 2015

Have you checked if it is perhaps a firewall issue.  The boxes will need to be able to communicate with each other on the port that MySQL listens on.  Default port for MySQL is typically 3306.  It is also typically closed in most production setups.  When you open the port you should specify the ip addresses allowed to communicate through that port in your rules.

Ken