[TriLUG] Move over Google: Wilson, NC did it a long, long time ago

Steve Litt via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat Feb 28 00:54:06 EST 2015

On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 19:26:51 +0000 (UTC)
John Vaughters via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org> wrote:

> I blame the government for poor practice in this case. The rules
> should have been publicized minimum 6 months prior to approval and
> public comments and debates should have been open. I do not trust
> Corporations or Government, but at least with a contract I may sign
> with a corporation, I know what I am getting prior to the contract
> being signed. However, A Gov. hiding behind closed doors and throwing
> a document out to the public and saying, "This is the rule". This I
> take issue with. And I do not even care if I agree with the rule or
> not. This is bad practice and I am shocked that this is even remotely
> acceptable to anyone.

John,

Where was your righteous anti-government indignation when the broadband
vendors were bribing state legislatures right and left to prevent
cities from installing their own broadband for the good of their
citizens? You wouldn't be picking and choosing your anti-government
stances, would you?

SteveT