[TriLUG] Move over Google: Wilson, NC did it a long, long time ago

Bill Farrow via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Feb 27 16:25:08 EST 2015

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 3:09 PM, John Vaughters via TriLUG
<trilug at trilug.org> wrote:
>>  23 April 2014 - FCC issues Internet fast lane PROPOSAL

> Great list of dates yet none including rules. Not sure how TPP was injected, but that too is a fialure of transparency the we deserve.

The first item on my list was the proposed "fast lane" rules from the
FCC. The FCC then went into a public comment period, which lead to the
proposed rules being scrapped and being replaced with the known
quantity of Title II.

While I admit we still don't know the details of the "new" rules
decided yesterday, we do know they they will be a selective
implementation of the Title II Telecommunications rules that the FCC
has been using since 1934. So nothing really "new", just that they now
apply to the Internet as a Common Carrier.

Bill