[TriLUG] keyboards

Ken Mink via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat Feb 28 10:35:29 EST 2015

I've got multiple keyboards with Cherry-MX keys from different vendors.
You can choose the keys you
want(http://www.pcper.com/reviews/General-Tech/Mechanical-Keyboard-Switches-Explained-and-Compared),
then search around for a keyboard with the features and pricepoint you
want that uses the color keys you've selected. There is obviously a
difference in quality in the keyboards even if they're using the same
keys. Generally, you get what you pay for.

Another nice feature of the Cherry-MX keyboards is that you can replace
individual keys. I have a small stash of spares keys and when one
fails(which is rare), I break out the soldering iron and replace it.

Ken