[TriLUG] keyboards

Ken Mink via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sun Mar 1 12:44:24 EST 2015

I didn't know any one else here was an AnyKey fan. They were great
keyboards. I've got 3 in working order now. Though, I too have switched
to CherryMX keyboards. We moved about a year ago and I was forced to
dispose of a stack of 'to be repaired' AnyKeys.

Funny story. I was a Unix SysAdmin for Gateway when they were selling
the AnyKeys. They were what we had at our desks. The training department
was telling new employees that it was a good idea to just create a macro
with 'userid<tab>password<enter>' and assign it the extra F11 in the
upper left of the keyboard. It was convient. But it also meant that you
could walk up the any one's desk and hit F11 and log in. When the data
security guy heard about it, I he had a fit. The training department got
a talking to.

Ken