[TriLUG] JOB: Sr Linux Software Engineer/Architect (Fully funded start up opportunity)

Sasha Morris via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Mar 2 13:08:38 EST 2015

Please email your resume and cover letter or let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks!
Sasha Morris
Engineering Product Manager
sasha at hapinnovations.com

Senior Linux Software Engineer
(Contract / Contract-to-Hire Opportunity)
Location: Durham, NC
Salary Range: Depends on experience

A division of Parata is spinning off to form an innovative, early-stage, and well-funded start up that will develop technology and services to identify and engage chronic patients to keep them out of the hospital and at home.
We're pioneering products to help manage a population of patients, connect them with their care team and reduce the cost of care.  As a key member of our engineering team you will help design, build and maintain systems necessary to continue our rapid growth.
Responsibilities:
*       Use the skills you've developed for complex problem-solving to help people live longer, healthier, and happier lives.
*       Work collaboratively as part of a fast moving team, working with the latest tools and technologies
*       Work closely with product management and business functions to perform requirement analysis and translate into design for features and functions.

*       Research and adapt new technologies quickly in a dynamic work environment
*       Understand that product features are not complete until they're tested, documented, built for scale, and built for reliability.
*       Assist development team and technical support staff in managing application deployment, monitoring application performance and review application failures in staging and production environment.
*       Present technical implementation decisions for team review and evangelize coding best practices.
Requirements:
*       B.S./M.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Technology, or related field with five plus years of practical knowledge and experience in software development.
*       Expert experience in embedded application development with C++ and UML design.
*       Lead design and implementation of new software products
*       Experience in user interface development with QT,
*       Experience with Linux operating systems, shell programming
*       Experience with Linux kernel and developing device drivers.

*       Experience in troubleshooting embedded systems.

*       Experience in secure network programming and distributed systems.

*       Knowledge of Application and Web Servers.

*       Experience in application development with Cloud, AWS Preferred.

*       Ability to thrive in a small, intense and high-growth start-up environment

*       Ability to learn quickly, work with a team, and be intellectually curious with a desire and passion to change the world.
Optional:

*       Experience in pharmacy application development, e.g., pill dispensing, pharmacy systems preferred.

*        Familiar with the Microsoft Team Foundation System (TFS) development environment.
About the company:
We use patient data and analytics to help identify and serve patients in the most appropriate and cost-effective settings. The team includes technologists, entrepreneurs and clinicians who are passionate about creating accessible technology to impact patients' lives.  Our products provide solutions for customers in pharmacy, accountable care organizations, payers, providers, pharma and clinical research.  We provide users with technology and services to manage patients' health to keep them out of the hospital and at home.
What you'll get from us:

*       The camaraderie of an amazing team aligned to build technologies which are improving people's health

*       Friday Socials

*       Flexible work hours

*       Snacks and Beverages