[TriLUG] OT: Dropbox vs Google Drive

Warren Myers via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Mar 6 10:15:39 EST 2015

What I use (across various platforms (Linux, Windows, OS X, iOS)) in the
commercial space (though I have the free editions of all of them):

   - Dropbox
   - Box
   - OneDrive
   - Google Drive
   - Copy
   - iCloud Drive

What I use self-hosted:

   - OwnCloud
   - Seafile

I also use the following aggregators:

   - Jolicloud
   - odrive

All of them have great webUIs (alleviates cross-platform issues). Several
have good mobile clients (at least Dropbox, OneDrive, and Google Drive).

There's also CrashPlan that I've heard about - though I don't know much
about it.

-Warren