[TriLUG] Win4Lin

Scott Chilcote via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Mar 11 10:24:02 EDT 2015

HI Brian,

According to the wikipedia page, this product was discontinued in 2008
and the development has been discontinued.  The most recent version of
windows it supports is listed as XP, but there's no mention of SP
level.  It's possible that the page needs updating though.

Your email message was a blast from the past. I was a Win4Lin developer
until mid-2001, when Netraverse crashed and burned along with the starry
eyed dot com speculators who were backing it.  Heady days!

After it flamed out, a very small core of determined people (mostly in
Austin) kept the embers burning and fanned it back to life.
Unfortunately I can't tell you more, they built a new company around the
product after that.

Scott C.

--
Scott Chilcote