[TriLUG] Camera & Software Suggestions

C TC via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat Mar 14 13:50:02 EDT 2015

Hi guys,

 Looking for suggestions on web camera hardware, and editing tools in
Linux.

 I'm going to start doing some videos for a (non-Linux) hobby I'm into.
These
will eventually end up on Youtube.
 There will be a lot up-close shots; mainly hands & tools. In the Window$
world, the Logitech C920 has reigned king for awhile. However, my Google-Fu
has
led to scattered results on this subject. Any input from this group;
especially
those that do this sort of thing, is always appreciated. Free time is
limited;
and I can't afford testing a non-confirmed solution.

 My main OS in Linux Mint 13 LTE - 64bit
Will consider using another distribution, if the camera and editing support
is better. I have the audio end of this covered.

Thanks, as always.

~Carl