[TriLUG] Camera & Software Suggestions

Jeremy Davis via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat Mar 14 14:23:24 EDT 2015

Check out Openshot and Blender. Blender does a lot more than just video. It
does movie grade 3d animation. There is a steep learning curve with
Blender. Openshot is easy and intuitive. You can add, cut and edit, music,
photos and video. However, with large video files it will crash if you cut
and edit and don't wait for it to process the changes. The problem is it
does not seem to indicate when the changes have finished processing.
Openshot is great if you have a bunch of photos and you want to dump them
into openshot to make a video with music that transitions through the
photos at say 5 seconds each.