[TriLUG] Fully OT: Time to leave TWCBC? was: Re: semi-OT: mail relaying broken for other time warner customers?

Lance A. Brown via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Mar 24 13:14:20 EDT 2015

On 2015-03-24 12:57 pm, Wes Garrison via TriLUG wrote:

> Does anyone have any *verifiable* information that this is true?  Does
> BC
> get the "fast path"?
>
> It sure doesn't seem like it...

Anecdotal evidence is all I have.  I was a TWC RoadRunner customer from
2001 throught 2013 in Durham and Hillsborugh.  When I started working at
Duke, I took advandage of the Duke/TWC deal to get better speeds for the
same price.  This also directed my support requests to the business
class center, I believe.  After starting at Duke and getting on that
deal it was much easier to push through the first line tech support
people and get to someone who could actually answer questions.

It was either that, or I had a mark in my customer record indicating I
was a total pain in the ass about performance issues that got me passed
on rapidly. :-)

--[Lance]