[TriLUG] Fully OT: Time to leave TWCBC? was: Re: semi-OT: mail relaying broken for other time warner customers?

Brian via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Mar 24 13:26:12 EDT 2015

On 3/24/2015 12:57 PM, Wes Garrison wrote:
> Does anyone have any /verifiable/ information that this is true?  Does
> BC get the "fast path"?
>
> It sure doesn't seem like it...

AFAIK it's basically just a QoS-like thing.  Business Class packets are
prioritized in the local segment.  I could tell a difference back when I
first switched from residential to BC, but that was when I lived in a
high-density area (an apartment complex).  Now that I live in a
relatively low-density area, there may be no noticeable difference.  If
a 50/5 package gives me even a 15/2.5 equivalent service during peak
times, it's a better deal (customer service notwithstanding).